Our approach to monitoring evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) enables us to:
- Assess the impact of our programmes;
- Learn from our experiences; and
- Increase our accountability to different stakeholders.
It is built on a number of key principles:
- Use different processes for different needs
- Integrate M&E into everyday work
- Link learning with decision-making
- Secure adequate resources
- Involve key stakeholders
And relies on a suite of processes:
- Getting the basics right: systematic monitoring against programme indicators
- Building organisational knowledge and accountability
- Feeding learning into decision-making
The processes are designed to take account of the views of our stakeholders through information collection processes and by including them in reflection and learning events. Information obtained through monitoring and evaluation activities enables us to give an informed and objective account of our decisions and actions.